- Who runs VegFund?
- A dedicated group of volunteers and staff.
- Where does VegFund get its funding?
- Like most not-for-profits, VegFund was started with a generous grant. We are continually expanding our fundraising efforts so that VegFund will be able to support even more activists’ crucial vegan outreach work.
- Does VegFund work with international groups?
- Yes, VegFund works with activists worldwide. However, please note that at this time we are only able to process international grant payments via PayPal.
- Who is eligible to apply to VegFund?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, adhere to a 100% vegan diet, and have a project or outreach event where s/he will be promoting a message consistent with VegFund’s mission, vision, and values.
- Does VegFund provide funding to for-profit businesses or business ventures?
- No. Only projects that are not-for-profit are eligible for funding.
- Does VegFund give out loans?
- No, VegFund is solely a grant-giving organization.
- Why does VegFund only fund projects focused on farmed animals and veganism?
- Because animals used for food make up the overwhelming majority of animal cruelty,
suffering, and deaths, VegFund’s funding is reserved for projects that focus on farm
animals/a vegan diet.
- Can you give me some examples of the types of outreach and projects VegFund funds?
- Yes, please see our Programs Overview page for a description of our grant programs. For examples of recent successful events and projects, please visit our Facebook page.
- I received a grant. How should I promote/thank VegFund?
- The general public doesn't need to know about us; we'd rather empower you and your organization to bring more attention to the vegan cause. However, when VegFund helps fund any efforts that receive attention in veg-friendly forums, such as at a conference or in the veg community's media (blogs, VegNews, etc.), please acknowledge VegFund's part so that other activists can learn about us as a valuable resource.
- I’d like to volunteer with VegFund. How do I get started?
- Please fill out the brief volunteer application and someone will be in contact with you shortly. We look forward to working with you!
- Where can I find out about VegFund’s internship program?
- This document provides an overview of the program and how to apply. If you have further questions, please contact us.
- What’s the best way to stay in touch with VegFund?
- Sign-up for our e-newsletter! This bi-monthly publication covers all the latest VegFund news including program updates, job announcements, activist resources, and more. You can also find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and connect with us on LinkedIn.
- What do I do if I have a question that isn’t covered in the FAQs?
- Please contact us and someone will be in touch with you shortly.