How It Works
Before the Event
- Familiarize yourself with VegFund's website and guidelines.
- Select an appropriate venue. Independent movie theaters, community centers, libraries, and classrooms all make ideal viewing locations.
- Decide on the documentary film you’ll be showing relative to your anticipated audience and the message you'd like to convey.
- Select the vegan literature. For suggestions, check out our educational literature page.
- If you are sampling food in addition to showing the video, decide on the menu. View our suggested food and recipes.
- Complete and submit an application for funding (US applicants: please submit the application at least two weeks before the event date. Applicants outside the United States: please submit at least 4 weeks prior to the event date).
- Promote the event through email, newsletters, social media, local TV, newspapers, and event websites. For great tips on event promotion, read our Advertising 101 blog post.
During the Event
- If serving refreshments, place the VegFund required sign — color version (PDF) or black and white version (PDF) — on the food table.
- If serving refreshments, place the Common Food Allergens sign (PDF) on the food table.
- If applicable, display the product cartons/packages next to the food samples.
- Provide free vegan educational literature to all attendees.
- Before starting the film, welcome everyone, introduce the film, and describe any activities that will take place after the film (e.g., post-film Q&A session, special guest speaker, refreshments, etc.).
- Take lots of photos! At a minimum, take photos of the COMPLETE venue (including photos of people seated in the theater, literature, signage, food samples, action at the event, etc.).
- Be sure to allow time for a Q&A following the event, staffed by people who are able to answer all questions in an educated and diplomatic manner.
After the Event
- Log back into your VegFund account.
- Find the name of your application and click on "Edit" (toward the right-hand side of the page).
- Scroll down the page and you'll see the reimbursement form.
- Complete the brief review of your event.
- Upload ITEMIZED receipts. Do NOT submit receipts containing personal items.
- Upload photos of people seated in the theater, literature, signage, food samples, action at the event, etc. (it's best to copy and paste photos into a word document, and upload the word document).
- Once complete, press "Submit."
- Your form will be processed shortly, and you'll receive reimbursement within 30 days of submission.